What is a logo? A logo is a ” graphic mark, emblem, or symbol commonly used by commercial enterprises, organizations and even individuals to aid and promote instant public recognition. Logos are either purely graphic with symbols and icons) or are composed of the name of the organization, which is my name for fashion blog, “Phashion Therapy”! This logo represent my individuality, authenticity, and lastly my identity. This logo also describes who I am aspire to be as a person!
The genius behind my creation of the logo is the one and only, Mr. Guy Sundara aka Digi Von Douglas! I’m pretty sure you guys are fairly aware of his work and how talented and brilliant he is as a graphic artist and photographer. I approached Guy two months ago and asked if he would be interested in helping me create my own logo for my blog. At first, he wasn’t interested in taking on any projects because he was swamped with other projects. Of course I didn’t want to bother him, so I backed off. But he was able to help me as a consultant to listen to my proposal about my ideas and concepts for my logo.
Here were my ideas:
- I wanted to find out what look and feel I am trying to go far that will fit my brand. Usually it’s adjectives like, I want to look elegant, confident, fun, professional, classy, clean. So, I wanted my brand to look sexy, young, fashionable, and sophisticated.
- Guy told me sometimes it don’t have to be words. It could be inspired by a movie or an image as well. So I thought about flowers/plants logos like a lotus flower or a cherry blossom flower.
- I fell in the love with the concepts of a cherry blossom because the meanings and symbolism behind the cherry blossom.
- Cherry blossoms represents beauty, feminine sexuality, love, & power. I think that what I was looking for in terms to find out what look and feel I am trying to go far that will fit my brand.
- I thought about a medium will the logo be on. I can picture my logo to be on my website, clothing and even a clothing label or t-shirt tag.
So Guy concluded “you are looking for a Web style logo to adorn your fashion blog to appeal towards strong, powerful, and sexy women. And YES! that was the concept I was trying to capture!
Guy Sundara’s opinions when designing my logo:
Phuong Thy Tran hit me 2 months ago and told me she need a logo for her fashion blog. I told her I’m not taking on projects. Then all of a sudden I been getting projects. I finally got around to working on it.
All she told me was that she likes trees and flowers. Cherry blossoms specifically. Fine, the inspo as always was geometry. This time was sacred geometry and things like the “trees of life” or the “seed of life.” I got a headache with just reading about sine’s and making sure I had the right angles and if my segments were connecting right.
I like it! Got that whole healing feel to it. Very therapeutic like. Something Something fibbonoci and pentagons.
Behind the Mind of Digi Vonj Douglas
My Final Result
What do you guys think?! I would love to hear your opinions! I know I’m obsessed with my new logo! This logo is going to be everywhere!!!!!
Follow Me & Guy Sundara aka Digi Von Douglas via Instagram & Twitter: